We are pleased to announce the First GAAMAC Africa Working Group Regional Forum on Mass Atrocity Prevention to take place on 13 and 14 September 2023 in Abidjan, Ivory Coast and online.
The forum will promote a space for dialogue and exchange of good practices and lessons learned to increase understanding and support the prevention of mass atrocities. It will bring together key actors and experts from the atrocity prevention field across all five African sub-regions, including:
- Jamila Mohammed, Chair of GAAMAC Africa Working Group
- Bakari Sidiki Diaby, Vice-Chair of the Africa Working Group and Focal Point for Francophone West Africa
- Milicent Oucho, Member of the Kenyan National Committee on the Prevention of Genocide
- Namizata Sangaré, President of the Côte d’Ivoire Human Rights Council
- Clément Capo-Chichi, President of the Beninese Commission on Human Rights
- Bruno Hyacinthe Gbiegba, President of the CAR National Committee on the Prevention and Punishment of Genocide and Focal Point for Central Africa of the Africa Working Group
- Felistas Mushi, Chairperson of Tanzania’s National Committee on the Prevention and Punishment of Genocide, Crimes against Humanity, War Crimes and all Forms of Discrimination and Focal Point for East Africa of the Africa Working Group
- Wale Adeboye, Focal Point for Anglophone West Africa of the Africa Working Group
- Lieutenant Nanourou Berthe, Deputy General Coordinator of CADHA
- Special Adviser of the UN Secretary General on the Prevention of Genocide Alice Wairimu Nderitu (Online participation)
Please note that attendance is by invitation only.
Stay tuned for more information!